Saturday, January 23, 2010

Manifestation Island


Manifestation Island

They call Maui the Manifestation Island.
Those who have manifested their way here profess an intense ability to create what they intend.
As one of those (how should I call us)… "Manifesterians" I must agree that there does seem to be some sort of special energy that accumulates here on the Valley Isle that makes dreams more achievable than not.
And though I have complete faith in the simple power of thought I don't hesitate to bring a little mumbo-jumbo to the manifesting process.

We have here in our living room, one Menehune hat. It is a palm frawn hat that has no connection to the Menehune people at all except for that we have named it such. From it dangles a palm frawned bird that bounces around as you spin. And spin you do, three times in fact, as you do a Menehune dance and state your intention.
My roommate and I gather together and incant such beautiful dreams that hours, days, or weeks later come to fruition before our very eyes.
Sometimes we wish we would have been a little more specific with our intentions. (It's great to have a next door neighbor who is a cook but we should have made sure that he realized he was to be cooking for us).
Never the less, we feel pretty powerful in our ability to bring whatever it is we dream of into our waking life.

Now that the New Year has begun many of us, you included I am sure, have begun to make New Year's Resolutions. This may be a list of do's and dont's for some or a slue of intentions to bring to fruition for 2010.

My roommates and I have been very busy creating our "Intentions for 2010" Manifestation Boards. Hanging now in each of our rooms are beautiful collages, individual to each, comprised of our wishes, hopes and desires of which we will be working on for the next 300 and some days. Ann has already made two of her goals and I am sure Lindsay will advance quickly. They are both clear headed women whose manifestation power is unparalleled.

I, on the other hand, am steadily falling behind. Each morning I wake and turn my head to the right to look at the colorful collage that hangs above my dresser. In the crisp rays of sun that shine through the blinds I read the words that make up my board: "Thanksgiving," "breathing," "high on the hogs," "Become," "Best life," "The Value of." In between these words are pictures of very comfortable beds, an organized linen cabinet, and a little girl chasing pigs around on a farm.

Can you guess what I am manifesting for 2010?
Once you figure it out would you please let me know because I don't have a freakin' clue.
Every morning I stare at the darn thing and get more and more confused.
I do enjoy looking at it. It sooths me. And yet I don't feel any grand manifestations coming out of it.

Truth is… I don't know if I have so many grand manifestations in me. Maybe that's why my board is such a mess.

No, the truth is this: "Can I get a break for a bit?"
I have been on a manifestion marathon for over a year now. All these things that I thought impossible, all these dreams I thought unachievable have arrived and now you know what I want to do?

I will tell you what I don't want to do: I don't want to spend another year asking and getting and then asking for more and then getting and then asking for more and then getting and then... well, you get the picture right?

This year I would like to have a funeral for all my best intentions, dreams, wishes and hopes. This year I would simply like to bask in the gloriousness that is my creation. I would like to make a board not of the things I want to happen but a board of all I have accomplished thus far. Every morning I will wake up and turn my head to a collage of all that I am, all of my successes, all my manifested intentions.

The Menehune Hat has been put away for the season. Universe, please put a hold on the new bed and pig farm. This Manifestarian is on sabbatical!

1 comment:

  1. Your powers of insight are striking. My friend referred me to this blog, and it's fascinating to see some one on such a candid quest. I just spent the weekend on Moloka'i, and I'm curious to think of how your mind will respond to your next chapter. Good luck. I'll be reading along. . .

    ReplyDelete